I have recently updated my phone when my my last one finally gave up the ghost after an eventful bath, toilet,bin, multiple travels and finally a very bubbly basin of water got the better of it. (I am reluctantly dragged forward by technology!)
About to embark on another solo trip overseas I thought I would experiment with the ‘Selfie’ option. I must confess to being a selfie hater and the fact that social media is now filled with them ( when did looking like a goldfish/duck become sexy?)
So I am off to Spain, a trip to Barcelona and Tossa de Mar. I could not bring myself to do the airport/flight/coach selfie but tried to keep it real and use it for the scenery and culture. Neither could I bring myself to pout, even for the purpose of the blog and humour factor. Here is what I discovered about ‘Selfies’.
- It is not as easy as it looks (hat’s off to those of you who seem to know what the hell to do).
- I can now understand why you need a ‘selfie stick’ to take proper ones with scenery etc.
- Any form of sun/glare means I can not even see what I am looking at?? (unsure if this is a common problem or my cheap phone).
- I really need to venture to the dentist to deal with the damage from falling on my face (will call on Monday!).
- You feel equally like a plonker and a poser when taking them.
- People still politely stop as think you are taking a photo of something in the other direction and you are too busy looking at yourself to even notice.
- I look way worse than I do in normal photos as I instantly squint and pull funny faces.
- I am clearly crap at them.
- I am so…not vain
- They have a place if something is eventful/travel/funny/photos with friends etc. Otherwise I cant get past the poser thoughts, sorry!