It only ever happened when drinking alcohol and mostly whilst overseas. Often I would have no recollection of the incident until looking in my handbag and seeing the evidence. Over the years I have acquired the below list of items, some of which I still own to this day;
- ,glasses (from shot to pint and everything else in between)
- sugar and salt containers (often full!)
- a variety of cocktail mixer sticks (particularly those with the bar name on them)
- interesting bar menus
- a large array of balloons (so many on one occasion I thought I might actually take off!)
- giant flower displays (as pictured)
- plastic chairs ( coca cola ones)
- numerous traffic cones in varying sizes
- bricks (I have no idea why or how I managed to carry them?)
- a lillo
- ‘men at work’ road signs
- election banners and signs
- a shopping trolley (with a man inside!)
- a purple tie
- a huge pile of Ferrero Rocher (to make a triangle obviously!)
- multiple gift bags from events
- a judges gavel
- reserved signs
- a bottle of bubbly
- a collection of bongo drums
Some of you may have been my partners in crime or bore witness to such event, you may even remember other items not listed above.
I now no longer partake in helping myself to things, no matter how easy it would be to run off with them but the temptation still exists. I am rather embarrassed and ashamed to think back on my former Kleptomania and I am sorry to anyone who was at the receiving end of my misadventures. I hope I did not cause too much trouble and that it helps a little to know that these items where the subject of much hilarity and ongoing entertainment, as well as the ending to a very good night.
I promise to keep the urge at bay and grow out of these childish ways.